How to Reset Apple Id Password
How to reset apple id password
Your Apple ID makes you able to use multiple Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. So this is important for you to keep your Apple Id password secure and strong as well. If you think that your Apple ID password is in danger, its’ good to either change it or reset it.
Whether you change, reset or create a new apple id password, make sure the Apple ID password must contain at least eight characters, a number, an uppercase letter, and lowercase letters.
How to Reset Apple ID Password on Web
If you’re trying to reset the Apple Id password, but don’t know how to reset Apple Id password, make sure you follow the right steps. You can reset Apple id password using Apple’s website.
1. Click Reset Apple ID Password and enter your apple ID username and then click Continue.
2. Once you’re in, you can find two ways to reset your password; using the recovery email address you have on file in your account or answering your security questions. Make your choice and click Continue.
3. If you chose to “Get an email”, check the email account shown on the screen, then enter the verification code from the email and click Continue. Now, make sure to skip step-
4. If you chose to Answer Security Questions, you need to enter your birthday, then answer two of your security questions and click Continue.
5. Now, you need to enter your new Apple id password. The password must be 8 or more characters, including upper and lower case letters, and have at least one number. Make sure you choose a strong password.
6. Once you’re done with it, hit “Reset Password” to save the changes.
Note: if you have set up two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, then skip these instructions and follow the below instructions in the next section.
How to Reset Apple ID Password with Two-Factor Authentication
If you’re using two-factor authentication on your Apple ID then you required to follow more steps to reset your Apple ID password. Two-factor authentication provides an additional layer of security to your iOS device. Here’s how to do so:
1.Click Reset Apple ID Password and enter your apple ID username and then click Continue.
2. Now, enter the phone number that you use and click Continue to go ahead. Now, you’ll be prompted to check your trusted device.
3. On one of your device, a Reset Password pop-windows appears and then click or tap Allow.
4. Now, you need to enter the device’s passcode. Then you need to enter your new Apple ID password. Enter it a second time for verification and tap Next to change your password.
How to Reset Apple ID Password on Mac
You can also reset your Apple ID password on Mac as well via iTunes. Here’s how:
1. Open iTunes on your Mac and click on the “Account” menu. You can find the Account option at the top at 6th number.
2. Click “Sign in.” Doing so will reveal the pop-up windows. On the pop-up Windows, you need to click on “Forgot Apple ID or Password? (it’s a small link just below the password field)
3. In the next pop-up Windows, enter your Apple ID.
4. See another pop-up window that will ask you to enter the password you normally use for your computer user account. This is the password you use to log on to the computer.
5. Now, you can enter your new password, make sure to enter it twice to confirm it's correct, and then click Continue.
6. It will ask you to enter your personal phone number if you’ve enabled –two-factor authentication.
Now, you need to choose from the options appearing below.
- Use a trusted phone number or
- Use another device.
7. Now, enter the phone number that you use and click Continue to go ahead. Now, you’ll be prompted to check your trusted device.
8. On one of your device, a Reset Password pop-window appears, and then click or tap Allow.
9. Now, you need to enter the device’s passcode. Then you need to enter your new Apple ID password. Enter it a second time for verification and tap Next to change your password.
Account Recovery Options
Account Recovery Options is another way to reset or recover your Apple ID password. This method works for a lost or stolen phone especially. This will also protect your device from anyone else accessing it and potentially impersonating you or using your data. Here’s how to reset your password using Account Recovery Options.
1. In the previous resetting apple id password via iForgot, you will see an option to “Request Account Recovery.” Select it.
2. Now, you need to type your personal phone number here so that Apple can reach you at when your account is ready to access.
3. Once Apple will notice your query, it will send a verification code to confirm that phone number, so be sure to enter that code to verify your personal information. After you’ve finished that, Apple will send a confirmation on your account recovery request and will let you know to stand by to a call or text regarding your account.
4. Make sure to keep patience as this process requires a bit of waiting. But Apple will call or text you when your account is ready.
5. Visit iforgot.apple.com on your web browser and once you’re there, type your Apple ID and phone number that you used during step two into the system.
6. Now, you’ll receive another call or text with a specific Account Recovery code. Head back to the iForgot website and type that code in.
7. Now, click “Continue” to finish resetting your password. We also recommend signing in to your account and confirming your trusted phone number.
Here’s how to change Apple ID password
First of all, open the Settings of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Under Settings, click on our name and this will take you to the next screen.
1. On the following screen, at the top of the screen; click on the “Password & Security.”
2. Now, click “Change Password,” and here you’ll need to enter your current password to verify it’s you only.
3. Now, you can enter a desired new password and confirm the new password. Once you entered the password, click on “Change” or “Change Password,” to save the changes.
4. Log out of all other devices with your apple id, and sign in with your new Apple ID password to access Apple features and services.
1. Visit https://appleid.apple.com/ on your web browser and sign into your Apple account. If you’re not logged in, use your username and password to sign in. Once you’re in, you can go ahead.
2. Navigate to the Security tab and click on it. Under the Security tab; click on Change Password.
3. Now, you need to enter your current password to verify it’s you only.
4. Now, you can enter a desired new password and confirm the new password. Once you entered the password, click on “Change” or “Change Password,” to save the changes.
5. Log out of all other devices with your Apple id, and sign in with your new Apple ID password to access Apple features and services.
What to do, if you forgot answer of security questions?
Security questions always set by you and while making changes or resetting your Apple id password, if you forgot your password, then answering security questions is one of the best ways to get back into your account to make changes.
These questions are like “what was the name of your pet?” But what if you forgot the answer to your own security questions? Luckily, you can change it easily as well but you will need to access to your password to change them.
Visit iforgot.apple.com on your computer’s web browser and enter your Apple id. Once you’re in, select I need to reset my security questions and Continue.
Now, enter your password and hit Continue to go ahead. You can choose three questions from the drop-down menus, and provide the appropriate answers. That’s it
After resetting your password in any way, make sure you log in to your Apple account shortly after using your new password. You should check within your Settings menu that the password is updated on all of your devices. By double-checking everything, you ensure that you’ll have consistent access to your Apple account.
Hey guys! This was the guide about “how to reset apple id password.” We’ve discussed the best ways to reset the apple id password. Whether you’ve any motive behind resetting or changing your apple id password, it’s important to check that you’re following the right steps to do so. This guide will help you to reset your apple id password in the right way so you can feel relax and you can understand each step easily.
Hope you find this article helpful and informative. And if you’ve any queries regarding this article, please let us know in the comment section below. We would glad to answer you!