How to Reset Apple Watch without Password
Want to reset your Apple Watch without password? Here’s a guide on “how to reset Apple Watch with and without knowing the password.
Before You Go Ahead:
Password is a security that secures your data from being compromised, but your password also needed protection. And that can only provide by Waredot Antivirus. It protects your device offline and online threats and takes action before happening disaster to your data.
How to Reset Apple Watch Without Password
Before you go ahead, make sure you already take a complete backup of your data. Because resetting Apple watch will erase all your content including, media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch. So that after resetting your Apple watch you can easily restore your data.
1. First of all, place your watch on its charger and leave it there until you've finished the rest of the steps.
2. Now, you need to press & hold down the side button until “Power Off” appears.
3. Now, press & hold down the “Digital Crown” until Erase all content and settings appears.
4. To confirm, tap “Reset” and then Reset again. Now, you need to wait for a while, until the process completes and then you can set up your Apple Watch again.
Restore from a backup when prompted.
Note: Make sure resetting your Apple watch definitely erases all content and settings, but it does not impact on Activation Lock. It means, after resetting your Apple Watch, you still need to enter the password to access your Watch.
How to Reset Apple Watch with Password
There are various methods you could find for resetting your Apple Watch with a password, but there might be more than 2 methods to reset your Apple Watch without a password. However, if you know the passcode of your Apple Watch, here are instructions to reset your Apple Watch with password.
1. First of all, bring close your Apple Watch and iPhone to each other and make sure they both are powered on.
2. Now, open the Watch app on your iPhone and select the name of the Watch you wish to reset, located towards the top of the screen.
3. Now, click on the “Information” icon. This is an icon with a lower-case “I” inside of a circle. You can find this to the right of your watch’s information panel.
4. Now, select “Unpair Apple Watch.” Make sure that if you have an Apple Watch Series 3 or 4 with GPD and Cellular, you’ll be asked if you wish to keep or remove your cellular plan.
- If you will set up this Apple Watch again after resetting, you may need to keep your plan.
- Otherwise, if you’re no longer using the watch, you can choose to remove your plan. However, if you fully cancel your plan, you’ll also need to contact your cellular provider..
5. Now, you will see a confirmation request will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click the “Unpair (name) Apple Watch button.
6. You’ll be asked to enter your Apple ID password. Enter the password and go ahead.
7. Wait for a while until the unpairing process completed. It may take several minutes to complete. If successful, the Watch app on your iPhone will return to the “Start Pairing” screen and you will see the watch itself will reboot and eventually display its initial setup interface.
Reset Apple Watch by Erasing All Content & Settings
If you don’t have your iPhone handy at the moment, don’t worry, you can still reset your Apple Watch. Here’s how to do so.
1. First of all, you need to press the “Digital Crown” to access the Apple Watch’s Apps screen.
2. Now, select “Settings>General.” Scroll down and tap “Reset.”
3. Select the “Erase All Content and Settings” button. Enter your passcode, when prompted.
4. Finally, a warning message will appear, detailing the effects of the reset process. Scroll down and click “Erase All.”
5. Now, the reset process will begin. It may take several minutes to complete. When finished, you’re Apple Watch will return to the initial setup interface. Your Apple Watch has now been reset to its factory settings.
How to Change Apple Watch Password
Here’s a step-by-step guide to change Apple Watch password:
Make sure you remember your current passcode; otherwise you cannot change your Apple Watch password.
Make sure you’re Apple Watch is on. Select the “Digital Crown” to display the list of apps, and click the gear-shaped icon “Settings.”
Under Settings, click "Passcode,” and then click "Change Passcode."
You need to enter the current passcode, and then enter the new passcode you want to use. You'll need to enter it twice to confirm it.
Your Apple Watch passcode has been changed.
How to Unlock Apple Watch
There will be instances when you'll need to unlock your Apple Watch if you've protected it with a passcode. Aside from typing your passcode into your Apple Watch screen, you can also use a paired iPhone to unlock your Apple Watch.
Note: At the time you first set up your Apple Watch, you’ll be prompted to create a passcode to use when unlocking the Watch like you would with an iPhone passcode.
Unlock Apple Watch with Password
To unlock the Apple watch with its password, you need to enter your Apple Watch passcode. Here’s how:
First of all, wake the device and enter your passcode and select Ok.
Now, when you set up your Apple Watch, try to remember that you were prompted to create a four-digit password, but it’s also possible to change this anytime you want by visiting your Apple Watch.
To do so, open the Settings app and then tap the Passcode. From there, enter your new passcode.
Unlock Apple Watch with iPhone
If your iPhone has a complex, secure passcode, it’s good to choose to unlock your Apple Watch when unlocking the iPhone. Yes, we notice as well, that some users like to have their Apple Watch unlock whenever they unlock their iPhone. If you also want to do so, read on.
Note: Luckily, your Apple Watch passcode will still be active.
First of all, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select your Apple Watch. Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are near each other during this process. Otherwise, this method won’t work.
Now, you need to select “Passcode.” Make sure to toggle on “Unlock with iPhone.”
Alternatively, open the Setting app on your Apple Watch>Passcode>Unlock with iPhone.
Bonus Tip: How to Reset Apple ID Password
Bonus tip for all the users who want to reset Apple watch without a password or who have forgotten their Apple ID password. Here you can learn how to reset your Apple id password so that you can reset your Apple Watch as well. However, we are sure that you will not need to come to this section.
1. Click Reset Apple ID Password and enter your apple ID username and then click Continue.
2. Once you’re in, you can find two ways to reset your password; using the recovery email address you have on file in your account or answering your security questions. Make your choice and click Continue.
3. If you chose to “Get an email”, check the email account shown on the screen, then enter the verification code from the email and click Continue. Now, make sure to skip a step-
4. If you chose to Answer Security Questions, you need to enter your birthday, then answer two of your security questions and click Continue.
5. Now, you need to enter your new Apple id password. The password must be 8 or more characters, including upper and lower case letters, and have at least one number. Make sure you choose a strong password.
6. Once you’re done with it, hit “Reset Password” to save the changes.
Note: if you have set up two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, then skip these instructions and follow the below instructions in the next section.
Hey guys! This was the guide about “how to reset Apple Watch without password.” We’ve discussed here a few ways to reset your Apple Watch with or without a passcode. However, we’ve mentioned the 2 ways to reset your Apple Watch without a password, as it bit tricky.
If you have a password, it’s quite easy to reset the Apple ID password. Hope you get the article and find it informative. Let us know if you’ve any queries in your mind regarding this article. We would glad to know.