How do I Change My Google Password
There might be any reason due to which you want to change your Google account password. Luckily, Google allows you to change your Google password easily in order to make changes in your Google account. However, when your change your Google account password, it will also affect all your Google account services. Sometimes good –sometimes bad. For example: if you suspect your Google account is hacked, then changing a Google account password is really a good option.
Make sure after changing your Google password, you should update your new password to all Google services and accounts you use. In this article, we will learn how to change your Google password.
Does Google alert you to change your Google passwords?
Yes, Google cares for you! Thus, Google keeps its eyes open on hackers in order to keep your passwords, information and data protected. In case, your username and password compromised in a data leak on a third-party website or app, Google will give you an alert to change your Google password. Compromised passwords and username combinations are unsafe because they’ve been published online.
Google will recommend you change your Google passwords immediately. And you can also follow the instructions in Chrome to change your password on the site where you’ve used that password, and check your stored password for any other site the password may be saved on.
Or you can follow our guide on how do I change my Google password.
How to Change Google Account Password
1. First of all, visit myaccount.google.com. on your web browser and check you’re already log in to your account. If it opens the sign in page, then you need to log in to your Google account using your email id and password.
2. Now, on the left-hand side of the page, click on the tab that says “Security.”
3. Then, under “Signing in to Google,” you’ll see a tab that says “Password,” with information on the last time you changed your password next to it.
4. Now, click on “Password.” You’ll be prompted to enter your current password. You’ll be prompted to enter your current password. Once you’ve entered your current password, you’ll be taken to a new screen.
5. Here, you will enter your new password and then re-enter it to confirm. Now, click “Change Password,” and you’re set!
Note: Make sure that changing your Google password leads to getting affected for other Google areas too. It means you’ll likely need to change it in other Google services as well which is associated with the same Google account.
How to Change Google Account Password on Android
If you’re using an android device and want to change your Google account password on your android phone, here’s how to do it.
1. First of all, open the Settings on your Android phone or tablet. Under Setting, open “Google” and then click on “Manage your Google account.”
2. At the top, click “Security.”
3. Now, look for the option that says “Signing in to Google.” Click on “Password” under “Signing in to Google,” and you might need to sign in to your Google account.
4. Now, you need to enter your new password and then click “Change Password.”
How to Reset Your Google Account Password
Did you tried so many passwords in order to access your Google Account password or lost your Google account password, then learn how to recover your Google account password.
1. First of all, visit Google Recover on your web browser. Once there, you’ll be prompted to enter the email address associated with the account you’d like to recover.
2. Now, you’ll be prompted to enter the last password you remember.
3. Now, you will reach a screen titled “Account Recover.” Here, you’ll receive a verification code via cell phone or another email address associated with your account.
4. Now, enter the verification code you’ve received, and then you’ll be able to reset your password.
If you don’t have a cell phone number or another email address associated with your account, you’ll be presented with other ways to verify the account by answering security questions, such as when you started your account.
What happens when you change your password?
If you change or reset your password, you’ll be signed out everywhere from your Google accounts. After that you need to sign in again with your Google account username and password.
Still, there is some account where you’ll be signed in even after changing or resetting your password.
- Third-party apps or services that you’ve given your Google account access
- Helpful home devices that you’ve gives your Google account access
- Devices you use to verify that it’s you when you sign in
How to Create App Password using Google
To better your privacy, you can create the app password for the device or app you use. Make sure you do not create an App password unless the app or device you wish to connect your account doesn’t have “Sign in with Google.”
With the help of App password, you can let the blocked app or devices access your Google Account.
1. First of all, go to your Google account on your preferred web browser.
2. Once you’re in, select the “Security.” Under “Signing in to Google,” you need to select App Passwords. You’ll be asked to sign in again with your password.
3. Now, at the bottom of the screen, you need to click on “Select App” and choose the app you using and “select devices” and choose the device you’re using via clicking on “Generate.”
4. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password should be at least 16 characters in the yellow bar on your device.
5. Finally, click Done. Now, every time you use the app, you’ll only have to enter an App Password once per app or device.
How to Find Password on Android
Here’s how you can check your passwords on Google android.
First of all, open the Chrome app on your phone or tablet and click on the More-three dots
Now, click on the “Settings>Passwords.” You can find here the list all saved passwords on your chrome. Now, you can see, delete, or export a password.
How to Check Google Account Passwords on PC and Mac
Here’s how to check Google Account passwords on PC and Mac.
Note: Through this way, you can check all your passwords on a chrome web browser. That’s why we call it as a universal way. But, make sure it shows you that passwords only you’ve saved on your browsers, such as Google Account and Gmail.
1. Open the Chrome web browser on your computer and click on the three dots at the top right corner next to the profile icon.
2. Doing so will open the options menu. Click on the Settings from the options menu in order to enter in the settings panel.
3. On the screen, you will have a number of options to choose from. You need to select the option that says “Passwords.” This is the Section where all the passwords you’ve saved on your Firefox web browser will be saved.
4. Now, look for the Google Account name and tap on the eye icon to view the password. It may ask you to enter the password if you encrypt your device with a password.
You’re done! This is how you can check your Google account’s password that is saved in the Chrome browser on your device.
Sync Your Details with Google Account
If you want to save your every information to your Google account, and turn on sync. Here’s what informed will be saved when you turn on sync.
- You can view and update your synced information, such as bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings, across all of your devices.
- You'll be automatically signed in to Gmail, YouTube, Search, and other Google services. If you were signed in before enabling sync, you will remain so.
- If you switch devices (for example, if you lose your phone or buy a new laptop), you'll get your synced data back.
- If you enable Web & App Activity, Chrome will personalize your experience in other Google products by including your Chrome history.
Chrome may combine any declared age and gender information from your Google account with our statistics to help us build products that are better suited for all demographics. This information does not identify you personally and is only used in aggregate form.
Note: We recommend you turn on sync only with the devices you own. If you’re using a public computer, we recommend you to use guest mode instead.
Here’s how to turn on sync:
Make sure you’re connected to your Google account. If yes, then go ahead.
- Open Chrome>Click Profile .
- Sign in to your Google account, if needed.
- Now, to sync your info across all your devices, click on “Turn on Sync>Turn on.
Note: To sync turn off, open Chrome>Profile>Sync is on. Click Turn off.
Hey guys! This was the guide about “how do I change my Google password.” Here we’ve discussed how you can change your Google account password. Make sure when you change your Google account password, it will also make the changes to your Google account services. For example, if you want to change your YouTube password, you need to change your Google account password and sign again into your Google account with the new password. Find out few other things about your Google services and privacy.
Hope you find this article informative and helpful. Please let us know in the comment section if you’ve any query regarding this article. We would glad to answer you!